Parousia’s first outdoor concert performance with the newly re-formed/revamped Parousia and our last performance at the 21st Ward Independence Day celebration. This time around we were showcasing of our original songs only. We had a pretty good crowd, thanks to the decent promotion. This was a very trimmed down performance for us, without the usual artistic back-drops and sculptures and videos and what-not. We were looking to see what kind of a reaction we would get from playing our new songs like “Caesar of the Modern Home”, “Keep Running”, “All The Time In The World”, The Weekend Starts Tonight”, “People’s Court”, “No One Is Watching Me”, “Modern Women” and “I Wish”.
Rick Falkowski brokered this show for us and pulled together six sponsors to help cover our costs for sound, lights and transportation. Thanks to: F.B.S. Records, Starseed Enterprise, Top Shelf Music, Loft Studio, Santangelos and Ultimate Storage.
Other notable trivia:
- We rented a P.A. from Unistage and John McGovern ran the sound board.
- We sacrificed Debbie Sekera (Nicole Ashley) on a bloody alter right on stage during the song “No One is Watching Me.” Barry carried her out in a muscle shirt “gladiator” type of costume.
- Keith Huels ran the light show.
- Mark Sparacio ran the slide projector.
- Everyone else just ran
- I’m just kidding
- This list format is getting old
Anyway, enjoy the photos. Looks like the theme was red and white that day (mostly white, I guess). I like it, I think we look a little more matured or professional or more focused or something. I remember it as going pretty well actually, for unleashing a bunch of new, unfamiliar, original music on an unsuspecting audience.